6 simple steps to the perfect wedding in Denmark.
Follow these instructions and your marriage in Denmark will be a fantastic experience.
- Send copies of the necessary documents to Bossens Wedding Service on [email protected].
- First select the desired wedding date and the desired wedding place. We suggest 4 places: Tønder, Aabenraa, Ribe and Varde.
- Contact us and together we will find the best solution for you. In case of problems or questions simply call or write – we will be more than happy to help you!
The basic package of documents:
- Birth certificate, which in most cases can be replaced by a valid passport.
- Certificate of Civil Status, which must be no older then 4 months on the wedding date.
- Notice of Marriage, download the from on our website in the language prefered (German, English, Danish) and, of course, it is possible to download 2 copies, if you wish, fill in only personal data. Partner 1 fills in page 4 and the other page 5. It is signed, scanned and sent to [email protected]
Have one or both been married earlier:
- Divorce Certificate with note of the validity date – or Death Certificate.
NB. These documents must be in Danish, German or English translated by a sworn translator.
Has your native country not signed the Hague Convention, legalization/apostille from a notary public is also required.
American and British soldiers, who are stationed in Germany, have to produce a list of additional documents upon request.
- First check of the documents and payment.
Once we have received your documents we will define the desired wedding date and wedding place together as well as the desired services. Then you deposit €230 to cover the preliminary expenses in our bank account. All fees are included in our packages!
After the payment we will send the documents to the marriage Office.
- The official approval of documents, on average, takes no more than two weeks.
As soon as the wedding Office approves the documents, we will contact you.
- Then it is time to purchase tickets and make hotel reservations.
Do you want to be married in Ribe, you have to registrer 1 day prior to the wedding ceremony. Registration simply means you present the scanned documents in original version. In Tønder registration is 2 days prior to the wedding ceremony. In Aabenraa is registration 3 days prior to the wedding ceremony. That is why it is important to plan accommodation at a hotel, taking account of these deadlines.
In Ribe, we have our own little hotel/B&B (2 rooms for 4 guests) which can be reserved. Check out the website www.ribebnb.dk
- Arrival in Denmark
We are delighted to receive our guests upon arrival in Danmark. We accompany you to the registration in the Wedding Office, where we also take care of remaining organizational and financial matters. It is possible to be driven to and from the airport or train station. Read more about this under the tab “Packages and Prices“.
- Your unforgettable wedding ceremony in Denmark
We recommend you come to the wedding site 15-30 minutes before the ceremony.
After coming there the only thing you have to think about is saying ‘Yes’ and cross the threshold into a new future, a new family.
It will be a pleasure to assist you entering into the next phase of your life phase, by solving organizational and preparation problems.
Call or write to us now!